Living for God
Sunset: Quotes and final thoughts on Dying to Self; Living for God
- All that matters is that I strive to please God. Humbling myself so God can and will lift me up.
- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. ~ Proverbs 11:2
- I have always had difficulty making a correct estimate of myself. Or at least I think I have. How do we know when we do evaluate ourselves correctly? Only God knows. However, I think if most people believe, for example, you make great Monkey Bread and you think it’s terrible, you have evaluated yourself incorrectly. Therefore, I believe we need to seek out the opinions of others, hopefully someone who is truthful, someone you can trust, and then receive the suggestions with an open mind and an open heart.
- Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self. ~ Charles Spurgeon
- I strive to approach my life with this attitude: to love God with all of heart, all of my mind, and with all of my soul, to love people in the same way, and to love writing so that I may convey that love to others. To write for love. To forget self and simply strive to please God. Right for God; Write for God.
- Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts. It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all. ~William Temple
- To keep the right attitude takes time, patience, and a study of God’s word. I commit to taking the time to seek God’s will and not my own. To be patient in the waiting.
- All human wisdom is summed up in two words—wait and hope. Alexandre Dumas Pere
- However, while I am waiting and hoping, I will also be working. I commit to writing as often as possible and to platform building—whatever that entails--and in doing it in a Christian way. For:
- Night is coming, when no one can work. John 9:4
Next Week: Christmas