- I keep working under the delusion that someday a library will ask for my manuscripts. ~Walter Wager
- ’Nuff said. (Notice the apostrophe is curved to the left—something I’ve recently learned. The apostrophe needs to curve toward the letters that are left out. I think I got that right. Just saying . . . .)
- All men should strive
to learn before they die
what they are running from, and to, and why.
- Our souls long for God. If we turn our backs on God, if we run from God, we seek to fill the emptiness with things or people. We need to be running to God. I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?My help comes from the Lord,the Maker of heaven and earth.He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber;indeed, he who watches over Israelwill neither slumber nor sleep.The Lord watches over you—the Lord is your shade at your right hand;the sun will not harm you by day,nor the moon by night.The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life;the Lord will watch over your coming and goingboth now and forevermore. Psalm 121
- It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. ~K.T. Jong
- Silence the TV, the radio, the computer—and find time to be still and listen. “Whispers of truth”? I am the way, the truth and the life. John 14:6
- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~Douglas Adams
- So true, isn’t it? I think that’s the reason It’s a Wonderful Life resonates with so many people. It’s as if God funnels us in a certain direction. Our plans are not necessarily his plans. Our ways are not his ways. When we can accept this with equanimity and let God guide us, we will begin to know peace.
- We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others, that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. ~Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- As Christians we should live lives free from deceit. We need to be willing to show others our struggles and sorrows. We should confess our sins to one another.
Reabsorbing the teachings of Jesus,
restoring my health, life and soul,
rejoicing in God’s love--
Words to live by in 2011!