2. You still hit the keyboard with too much force because you learned to type on a manual typewriter.
3. You would rather be typing on a typewriter instead of dealing with some of Microsoft Word’s idiosyncrasies. Why did three asterisks turn into a line? Help!
4. You still space twice after a period.
5. When you hate what you’ve just written, you get frustrated because you can’t tear the paper from the computer, wad it up, and throw it at something. (By the time you print it out, the urge is gone.)
6. You still have trouble with acronyms, as in this email to a son in college: Dear Jack, Wanted to let you know your dog, Charley, died today. LOL, Mom (Doesn’t LOL mean “Lots of Love”???)
7. You get writer’s cramp instead of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
8. You still think traditional publishing is the only way to go.
9. You don’t have to take a bathroom break while writing an exciting scene. “Depend” on it!
10. A deadline has taken on a whole new meaning.
Jump in. Join the fun by adding your own top ten!